This very popular introductory short course is perfect for anyone who wants to quickly pick up the basics of knitting socks. Our clear instructions and easy to follow step by step guide will encourage complete beginners to learn quickly and with confidence. It will run over 3 x 2 hour sessions.
Once you have mastered the basics of knitting on 4 needles you will be quickly knitting socks for all your friends and family.We monthly for two sessions and even give you a little bit of homework so that you don’t forget your newly acquired skills between the sessions.
Limited skills are required! You just need the ability to knit and purl. Just bring yourself and bags of enthusiasm and we’ll do the rest.
What will I learn?
- Week 1: How to work with DPNs, tension and working the cuff and constructing the heel flap
- Week 2: Turning the heel, picking up stitches and working the foot
- Week 3: Toe shaping and kitchener stitch
What should I bring?
Please bring a notebook and pen and reading glasses if you wear them.
Light Refreshments, 100g ball of sock yarn in a colour of your choice, a set of mini circular needles, a set of DPNs and a handout. Plus the tuition of course! You will also get 10% off any purchases made on the day of the class itself.
How much does the Workshop cost?
The total cost is £50 and must be paid in full in advance of the start date to secure your place.
Workshop Terms and Conditions
When do I pay?
Your place is not confirmed until payment has been made and this payment is non-refundable. You can book online or in store.
What do I need to bring?
- For most of our Workshops, materials are provided.
- You may be asked to bring specific items – we will let you know beforehand.
- Refreshments are provided.
- If you are attending a daytime course you may wish to bring a sandwich or similar.
- It is useful to bring a notepad and pen and if you wear reading glasses, don’t forget those too!
What do I do if I can’t attend?
We have to book our external tutors well in advance, for this reason bookings are non-refundable. However, you can substitute your place with a friend, so long as you inform us in advance.
What if Woolaballoo has to cancel a Workshop?
This happens very rarely and we endeavour to run all workshops as advertised and only cancel events in extreme circumstances.The event need a minimum of 4 participants to run. We reserve the right to change the workshop date if the minimum number of participants isn’t met for a specific event. If we have to cancel a Workshop, you will receive a credit to use against another workshop at a later date.